• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

And to add insult, as mentioned, we just received our credit card statement and were charged three times. We called to point this out, and the person who took down our details in order to send a cheque...got our address wrong...

Magnolia,

When this has happened to me in the past I've just called the credit card co and told them not to pay. You have to fill out a declaration and then they check with the restaurant -- if it can't produce the evidence (ie slips) then you don't pay.

W.

On the subject of Hywel Jones, it's been pointed out to me that it wasn't adequate to have prefaced my comments by saying that he's a friend; I should also have disclosed that I did a consultancy for the Hartford Group that involved recruiting him to go there.  Many apologies for not having stated this before making my point about 3 stars at Foliage, 3 stars at Lola's but only one at Pharmacy for what I think it pretty much the same standard of food.

Love the wine list at Lola's, by the way.

Perhaps you could get them to do something about their 'common rooms' :wink:

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?