• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Boynton Beach

sammy

HELP! Going to Boynton Beach this weekend for my mother's birthday. My wife and I will be making brunch for her and several of her friends and, not being familiar with the area, would like to know about good places to buy bread/produce/meat/fish/groceries. All my mother knows from is Publix.

Thanks for your help!

"These pretzels are making me thirsty." --Kramer

I love The Boys! They have a deli and a great selection of produce. They're actually on Military Trail just north of Atlantic Boulevard in Delray Beach, 14378 Military Trail. They also have lots of stuff out for tasting. My favorites are the mozzarella balls in olive oil with sundried tomatoes and basil and the honeybell oranges (or are they tangerines? either way they're very sweet.)

There's also a Whole Foods at 1400 Glades Road in Boca Raton-- haven't been to that one, but they do great takeout stuff, including soups, salads & deli.

Neil

Author of the Mahu series of mystery novels set in Hawaii.

It's one of the better Whole Foods. Also good is Kings Market on Military trail just south of Glades (but Glades goes over Military trail, they don't intersect).

Kings has the best shrimp salad, large prawns in it.

beachfan

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try The Boys first and go to Whole Foods and/or Kings if necessary. :smile:

"These pretzels are making me thirsty." --Kramer