• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tyler's Ultimate

Sandra Levine

Before the Tyler Florence haters get in here and complain again that Florence was hitting on the housewives on Food 911...

that was the point, guys.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

I saw this episode the other day and it wasn't bad. The recipes looked OK, though I don't think I would call any of them "ultimate", but then I'm very opinionated about pie. I have to say I found the constant extreme close-ups (must be the same production/camera crew as the Barefoot Contessa or Jamie Oliver) to be really annoying and motion-sickness inducing.

I hardly noticed the recipes.

I'm with you, girlfriend.

And to all those disgruntled, jealous guys who complain that "he can't cook," -- well, first of all, I've tried some of his recipes and they turn out great. But even if he couldn't, well so what.

Whoever said Pamela Anderson can act?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I hardly noticed the recipes.

oh, yeah

and check out the beard action he has going... :wub:

but on topic the tarte tatin did look interesting

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

According to his food tv bio, he has his first cookbook coming out in April.

" His highly-anticipated debut cookbook, Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen (Clarkson Potter) hits bookstores nationwide April 2003."

Apparently his show comes on right after A Cook's Tour on Friday nights? A great lead in show for Tyler. :wink:

Edited by Blue Heron (log)

I thought the new show was called "Tyler's Intimate" :blink:

Again, my only complaint is the extreme close-ups and jarring camera movements. For me, the best part of a cooking show is to see the implementation of the chef's technique, not to see the molecular structure of apple skins.

According to his food tv bio, he has his first cookbook coming out in April.

" His highly-anticipated debut cookbook, Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen (Clarkson Potter) hits bookstores nationwide April 2003."

Apparently his show comes on right after A Cook's Tour on Friday nights?  A great lead in show for Tyler.  :wink:

There will be lots of pictures I would imagine... :wub:

Not that I'd buy the book for the pictures, I read the articles, er I mean the recipes.

Tyler, apparently, leeches out the housewife contigent.  Welcome ladies.

The "housewife" contingent?

What the hell does THAT mean?

Because he's popular with the ladies has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "housewives."

Is that supposed to be a slam of some kind? Some sort of dismissal in general of women's opinions?

Llisten here Pal, I ain't been a "housewife" for some thirty years.

And I think he's as pretty as black caviar on cream cheese.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Tyler, apparently, leeches out the housewife contigent.  Welcome ladies.

The "housewife" contingent?

What the hell does THAT mean?

Because he's popular with the ladies has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "housewives."

Is that supposed to be a slam of some kind? Some sort of dismissal in general of women's opinions?

Llisten here Pal, I ain't been a "housewife" for some thirty years.

And I think he's as pretty as black caviar on cream cheese.

yes ma'am...

yes ma'am...

That's more like it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Again, my only complaint is the extreme close-ups and jarring camera movements.  For me, the best part of a cooking show is to see the implementation of the chef's technique, not to see the molecular structure of apple skins.

Saw the pizza show last night. I really liked it. I agree though about the extreme close ups, a little annoying.

His enthusiasm for the food is really contagious. (Thought he was going to kiss that Italian lady square on the mouth! :blush: ) It fits nicely after Cooks Tour - just luuuuv those travel shows.

--Therese

Many parts of a pine tree are edible.