• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baking With Olive Oil

helenas

Mottmott, it was in the pull-out G2 section, so probably not on line. Can PM it to you, it's here on my desk and I have the last night's office Christmas party hangover as my valid reason to do nothing productive all day, a bit of mindless typing might be just the thing.

Fi

Fi Kirkpatrick

tofu fi fie pho fum

"Your avatar shoes look like Marge Simpson's hair." - therese

Jackal, that sounds delicious! Something's telling me (I can hear the 'clonk' in my head) that somewhere I've got a recipe for chocolate cake made with mayonnaise - I mean, it's eggs and oil, just in a slightly different format...?

Fi

Fi Kirkpatrick

tofu fi fie pho fum

"Your avatar shoes look like Marge Simpson's hair." - therese

I was very skeptical about olive oil in cakes until I tried it, and it really works!

Here is one of my favorites (lemon-almond torta):

http://www.eatingwell.com/articles_recipes...lenta_torta.htm

The spring 2003 issue of Eating Well had a bunch of desserts made with olive oil and I have made almost all of them.

This looks like a great recipe, which I'm considering making for my girlfriend's birthday. However, I'm stupidly confused about the follow directions:

"Cut lemon in half. Juice one half (about 1 1/2 tablespoons); discard rind. Cut the other half into 4 pieces and pick out the seeds. Add the lemon juice and pieces to the food processor; process for 45 seconds. "

"Pieces"? I can't imagine you should throw in the entire lemon half, pith and all. Surely it should just be the zest and/or the segments, right?

Chris Sadler