• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peanut Butter

GordonCooks

Smooth baby....real smooth!

I switched to Laura Scudder's Natural with salt to be healthier but I'll always love, and still use on occasion Jiff creamy. 

psst.... I like my oj with pulp.

ok, my theory is offically shot to hell. There goes my research grant.

• 4 years later...

There are some new versions of Jif Peanut Butter available:

Jif Natural made with only 5 ingredients

Jif Hazelnut Spread Their version of Nutella, I suppose. It comes in two flavors: Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino.

Has anyone tried them?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Does anyone else put peanut butter on celery?

SB biggrin.gif

Yep - not often, but every now and then. I also like to dip up some PB on a carrot.

shel

If you like tomatoes, take an original saltine cracker, smear it with your favorite type of peanut butter, then top with a slice of good fresh tomato, add a sprinkle of sea salt, and pop into your mouth.

Sounds weird, perhaps, but so so so so good. This has been my family's "standing over the kitchen sink" snack going back generations. It's one of the main reasons we all look so forward to tomato season.

As for the peanut butter crunchy/smooth vs pulp/no pulp thing...

I like both crunchy and smooth peanut butter. I like peanut butter "enhanced" with sugar and oil, etc., and the plain peanut butter as well, that I either make at home, or grind myself at Whole Foods, Central Market, and others of the many grocery stores here in Texas that have the grinders for the public's use, along with the fresh peanuts for sale.

I guess I have to admit that I like it all, but like least the commercial varieties of so-called "natural" peanut butters. I don't really know why the stuff I grind myself at the store or at home tastes so much better. Perhaps it's because it's fresh, as opposed to the commercially-packed natural peanut butters that aren't.

And pulp? I like the type that seems to be hardest to find: "some pulp."

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of curiousity do people who like the peanut butter creamy prefer pulp free orange juice, and vice versa? I've always had this theory that people who like crunchy peanut butter like pulpy orange juice, and people who like creamy peanut butter like pulp free, but I've never tested it.

For myself crunchy natural style, and (horrors) salt free.

Well, FWIW, I prefer crunchy PB and OJ with plenty of pulp. Also, I usually grind my PB at the store and make my own juice.

... Shel

• 5 weeks later...

Santa Cruz Organic Dark Roasted Creamy always has been Nice and rich, without being too dense.It definitely sticks to the roof of your mouth, but I love it.Also Smucker’s Natural Creamy not too salty, this peanut butter’s pure flavor and effortless spreadability had wide appeal.

Hike Sedona Hiking Preparedness + Energy Supply + Apparel & Gear