• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

FoodTV: Date Plate

Rail Paul

Did anyone see this last night?

The woman was a vegetarian and she didn't tell the two guys. They made her scallops and halibut and she wouldn't touch either of them. In fact, I don't think she ate more than 4 bites of both meals. Bizzare, why have someone on a food show who doesn't like food :wacko: ?

I did not see it but it sounds pretty bad!!! I mean if she is a vegetarian the poor two guys should be told that instead of wasting a perfect protein filled meal on her.

FM

Ah come on, the tension was a beautiful thing. As cocky as they were talking about their food in the beginning it was only fitting that they both got smeared at the end. I'm glad they didn't inform those two yutzes of her vegetarianism.

Date Plate would be a great fit for say perhaps The Playboy Channel

if i turned on the Playboy channel and saw that i'd immediately pull up my pants and call the cable company demanding a refund.

I just about fell out of my desk chair when I read that. :biggrin:

Bill Russell

Date Plate would be a great fit for say perhaps The Playboy Channel

if i turned on the Playboy channel and saw that i'd immediately pull up my pants and call the cable company demanding a refund.

I just about fell out of my desk chair when I read that. :biggrin:

well of course if it were to go to the playboy channel the girls would have to dress accordingly. but hell, most of the girls i've seen on the show would be shoe-in for centerfolds.

well of course if it were to go to the playboy channel the girls would have to dress accordingly.  but hell, most of the girls i've seen on the show would be shoe-in for centerfolds.

I haven't bothered to watch the subsequent editions of the show.

Would you offer a plot summary and highlights (low lights?) of the menu, the foreplay during food preparation, etc?

Has Chef Cat Cora been on the subsequent editions? That could make me tune in

Thanks

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo