• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Locanda Locatelli and Fifteen compared

Manni Olive Oil

a while back Locatelli was in The Guardian waxying lyrical about this olive oil.  I was going to buy some but you need to order 10 bottles minimum and at 50Euros a bottle, it is slightly out of my price range!  Maybe we could do an en masse egullet order....

and isn't the bottle really small? Like 100ml or something, or have I got confused? Haven't checked the web-site - need to set off for Heathrow to meet a delivery of Portuguese goodies :biggrin:

Esperya in its previous incarnation sold it for a while.

If it was a sensible sized bottle, I'd be in for one.

v

well the website says this...

"We tested serving size with a number of food writers and chefs. Their conclusion was that, with our oil, you need only 30-35% of the amount you usually use of common extra virgin olive oil. In other words, for every teablespoon (15 ml) of ordinary extra virgin, you need less than a teablespoon (5 ml) of our oils"

but I suppose it would, wouldn't it?

It's a bit like concentrated Fairy Liquid isn't it? That doesn't seem to last much longer than the normal stuff.

I marinate all my lamb chops in Fairy liquid (lemon flavoured, of course); and you're right, Andy, it doesn't do any more chops than the standard Flash products despite the much greater price. I think these claims are sharp marketing practice, and shouldn't be allowed.