• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chocolate

No chocolate. Steak.

(Really. Chocolate tastes nasty to me.)

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

In its melted form, with poached pears. Canned pears too actually, which makes for an even quicker dessert. With a fruit filling, it has to be raspberry. I like chocolate with mint too. And just plain ol' chocolate by itself.

Anne E. McBride

Chocolate and orange is just horrid.  :shock:

I am glad someone else doesn't like the chocolate-orange combination! :biggrin:

I aslo hate chocolate and bananas, but then I hate bananas with anything!

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

White chocolate covered pretzels (I know)

Fat, ripe strawberries dipped in good chocolate

Godiva's Lion of Belgium

Warm molten chocolate cake, with cold cream poured over the top (even though it's no longer fashionable)

El Diablo - "a bittersweet cube of sinfully rich dark chocolate graced with cayenne pepper, burnt meringue, spiced almonds & cocoa nibs, finished w/a tequila-caramel sauce"

Give me a box of Godiva chocolates anyday!!!!!

My favorite: White chocolate conch shell, surrounding a raspberry buttercream center. OH WOW. :biggrin:

Oh, and Godiva chocolate ice creams rock too.

But nothing, nothing beats Haagen-Dasz. Not even Ben and Jerry's.

Cheers,

Soba

No mint.  No cherries, raspberries, strawberries, orange, or any other fruit.  No nuts, except for maybe hazelnuts.  No milk in it.  Maybe coffee.  But mostly, just plain CHOCOLATE (70% minimum)

During times of, er, hormonal surges, I'll take chocolate (I do not count white "chocolate") combined with most anything. Once sanity has been restored, Suzanne's 70% minimum is also my standard, but I can't ever say "no" to chocolate and hazelnuts -- even milk chocolate.

Edited by Xanthippe (log)

Warm molten chocolate cake, with cold cream poured over the top (even though it's no longer fashionable)

Fashionable smashionable~

Is it GOOD?

Then for cripe sake just DO it!~

I hear ya.

And believe me, I eat it anyway. I like what I like, regardless of its trendiness. :biggrin:

Fashionable smashionable~

Is it GOOD?

Then for cripe sake just DO it!~

I hear ya.

And believe me, I eat it anyway. I like what I like, regardless of its trendiness. :biggrin:

oooooo~

you best believe Im in LUV el-you-vee!~

No chocolate. Steak.

(Really. Chocolate tastes nasty to me.)

Absolutely. I think I liked chocolate in a former life.

But, my husband likes chocolate and beer.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I love chocolate dark and bitter...like my heart.

I like Jerry's Chocolate Oranges (only the dark chocolate, though)

Has anyone tried Vosges chocolates? They make awesome truffles with different spices and other flavors: cayenne, wasabi, jasmine... really wonderful.

Has anyone tried Vosges chocolates? They make awesome truffles with different spices and other flavors: cayenne, wasabi, jasmine... really wonderful.

In depth. Im glad I found someone besides me that likes them...Do a search...