• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Juice Combinations

vengroff

Lately at breakfast time I've been juicing two juice oranges together with half of a medium sized lime. It's nothing remotely exotic, but I really like the way the lime adds some tanginess to the orange.

What combinations do you particuarly like, and what proportions do you use? I've long since given up on juice bars since most of them are so wildly inconsistent in the proportions they use.

Chief Scientist / Amateur Cook

MadVal, Seattle, WA

Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code

Half orange, half grapefruit. Although in most cases I'd rather eat fruit than juice.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

gevalia coffee, TJ freshly squeezed OJ, niman ranch bacon, country bisquits and sex in bed.

Damn. All that in one bed? Sounds... messy. :unsure:

A jumped-up pantry boy who never knew his place.

Pineapple & strawberry, and Apple and ginger are our regulars..

'You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.'

- Frank Zappa

In summer, juiced fresh: orange, mango (from the Hispanic market near my home), and peach (particularly white Michigan peaches, from the farmer's market). Heavenly. Leftovers, if any, make the most magnificent mimosas (combined with appropriate Champagne/sparkling wine) one can imagine.

I'm waiting for June...

:biggrin:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004