• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In and Out Burger

Coop

My 13 year old son insisted we go to an In and Out Burger because he had heard that this is the place where PGA golfers get thier burger fixes. Imagine my surprise when I found that the bugers there resembled real food, not fast food.

Thier menu is limited and the waits are long, but the Double Double is the best burger I have eaten at a drive through.

It must have worked for my son, because fueled by a Double Double he shot 82 from the back tees at Rancho Mirage Country Club. I hope he doesn't end up looking like Mickelson though.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

We had a fairly extensive thread a while back about fast-food burgers.

And I believe that while everyone agreed that homemade, or small individually-owned "mom & pop" places are better, when it's a choice of the best of the fast-food chains, In 'n' Out was the consensus favorite.

They're my favorite, for sure.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

• 4 years later...

I dont get the In ' n ' Out Burger cult. The burgers are ok, the shakes are pretty good and the fries are dreadful. 'Course, I never tried ordering 'animal style'.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Unfortunately, the corporate site has an incomplete secret menu, as pointed out by the Davis Wiki. Here is a more thorough one by John Marcotte, although many other relevant links may be found with a quick search.

David aka "DCP"

Amateur protein denaturer, Maillard reaction experimenter, & gourmand-at-large