• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Montreal Breakfast

food_eater

fireweed, I'll check out your suggestion sometime soon, when I have the time. I seem to recall that the Rosalie restaurant had an elaborate French Toast item, when they first opened(wonder if it was any good). Don't think it's on their menu anymore.

------------

Steve

You know what, Steve, don't bother. I was back this morning with Mr Fireweed and was rather crushed. We don't get breakfast out together very often, yada yada...I was looking forward to it! I hadn't been back there in about two years...and? --it's overpriced and just plain boring. It wasn't even busy and the waitress was on the moon. I ordered waffles, she brought me crepes ( which I sent back and delayed my breakfast even more!). His omelette was warm and bland and the blueberries on my waffles had been frozen for about 100 years. The waitress didn't bring us water until we had our jackets on to leave and then brought the wrong bill. When we finally got the right one it was $25 for omelette, waffle, and 2 coffees. Ouch.

Skip it!

I hope you read this before you go.

fireweed