• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dans

dans

On 4/27/2020 at 4:13 PM, Anna N said:

I don’t much like the frozen pizzas in the grocery store. But I frequently order two large pizzas and put them in my freezer. I separate the slices with deli paper and bung them into a Ziploc bag. This way I can have a slice of pizza whenever I feel like it. I think it’s better after it’s been cooked a little longer than when it arrives here fresh.

The pizza shop that I grew up on will indulge me by partially cooking and not cutting multiple pizzas. I take them home, wrap them well and pop them in the freezer. When I'm in the mood, I can cook them the rest of the way without worrying about overcooking.

dans

dans

On 4/27/2020 at 4:13 PM, Anna N said:

I don’t much like the frozen pizzas in the grocery store. But I frequently order two large pizzas and put them in my freezer. I separate the slices with deli paper and bung them into a Ziploc bag. This way I can have a slice of pizza whenever I feel like it. I think it’s better after it’s been cooked a little longer than when it arrives here fresh.

The pizza shop that I grew up on will indulge me by partially cooking and not cutting  multiple pizzas. I take them home, wrap them weel and pop them in the freezer. When I'm in the mood, I can cook them the rest of the way without worrying about overcooking.