• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

I saw on Master Chef the Professionals or maybe some other British source that there was some rule that you can't mix fish and cheese together - a very big no no. 

I thought it was because cheese comes from rot and mold and fish is about absolute freshness. That's why the rule was there. 

eugenep

eugenep

I saw on Master Chef the Professionals or maybe some other British source that there was some rule that you can't mix fish and cheese together - a very big no no. 

I thought it was because cheese comes from rot and mold and fish is about absolute freshness. That's why the rule was there. 

*** side note. I believe many Chinese flavors and sauces that was fermented  so that's why cheese was never part of the cuisine (just a thought?)