• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hotel Godin?

munchcake

SPOON! why not open a FORK and try something new.Spoon prices are close to what our big restaurants offer. How many restaurants of this caliber can Montreal hold considering a lot of us are going to be in business soon. This isn't Paris, we're only 2 million in town.

to reply to my friend gurus statement...IF a spoon were to open ,i think everyone could benefit,it could be loved or hated,it could raise the bar ,or not....but i think it would be interesting to see and overall a good thing for montreal.....i beleive it would be discussed far and wide....and in the end we all benefit by promoting our city more..but i also see your point of fork....it would be cool to see a ducasse concept for canada only or onand on.......

A knife , a fork, a bottle and a cork that's the you spell Montreal. Hey Jim ... if we were to get spoon it would be cool but it would have to have a new fresh Montreal twist to it. And anyway there is toons of talent in MTL we should be able to come up with our own Ideas and money!

thats easy to say young bro......so do it tough guy!!!!,criticism is easy its very hard to raise money for projects and then even harder to staff them,and im not talkin about gettin 30 grand together to buy a restaurant with 3 buddies,im talkin2 million rosalie and a 33million hotel godin,you have the banks behind you and fiscalists and media checkin everythin,and so on so on,these kinds of projects take years to put together and they are always fragile,investors want the best ,furniture designers,concierges ,chefs ,and maids and plumbers and so on and so on,im proud the pourcels might come to montreal ,or ducasse if thats true,it wuold be cool to have a nobu,and yes i agree it would also be cool to have more local talent open solid restaurants of north american caliber..i can only think of a couple,maybe stelio and patrice at les chevres,or a new laprise project...im sendin alot of positive energy to guru and patrice.....i feel something special brewin there...........ciao

New Laprise project? Do tell...

And Dave, take it easy, I think we all definitely appreciate the things you and your partners have brought to the Montreal scene and it's an exciting time with you guys entering into another big project with the Hotel. Good luck to you in the future and keep up the good work, and like you I wish the same for Patrice and Stelio. :smile:

Thank you guys :wub:

I'm very happy to hear that things are moving in Montreal. It's always good to have more restaurant who are trying to raise the level of quality. For every good restaurant that is opening, maybe a bad one is closing...

I can't wait to take a look at all the new projects in Montreal: La Brunoise, Med, ''the new italian restaurant at the place where La Maîtresse was'', Hôtel Godin...

2 of my favorites restaurant have opened in the last year and a half: Rosalie and Le Pied de Cochon. I hope we will see more and more restaurants of this caliber in Montreal.

Patrice Demers

Crack? Only occasionally. :wacko:

Ok, ok. So I tried to pull your legs. A little tone in your post, there sherlock, but you are right... i hoped to have a little fun, but I guess you guys take this pretty seriously.

Sorry to get your hopes up. If I want to let my imagination run wild, I'll get some green clogs next time. :raz:

• 1 year later...

Going there tomorrow as well for the official opening party. I will try to find out more but when I visited the place a couple of weeks ago (still looking for the perfect wedding cocktail party spot!), I heard the restaurant will open only next spring.

Keep you all posted!