• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foie Gras

Hi Andrea,

I was just wondering if you have any other suggestions for pairing foie gras, other than Sauternes? Everyone I've spoken with that I consider to have at least a moderate handle on the wonderful world of wine seem to indicate that I'd be crazy to try something else. Please give me the pleasure of being able to prove them wrong. :)

Thanks!

-Chris

I guess you haven't checked out Great Tastes Made Simple.

I'm mad for foie gras with dry reds such as Pinot Noir, especially if it's seared fresh foie gras as opposed to terrine. I have a recipe in the book that's esp suited.

For the terrine I do prefer whites but champagne as well as other dessert wines can be wonderful. There is a whole chart in Great Tastes.

Cheers!