• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TDG: The Bitter End: Our Cravings, Ourselves

Fat Guy

Oh, my.

+++

Be sure to check The Daily Gullet home page daily for new articles (most every weekday), hot topics, site announcements, and more.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Oh, my.

+++

Be sure to check The Daily Gullet home page daily for new articles (most every weekday), hot topics, site announcements, and more.

Thanks FG! That was quite amusing and frighteningly true :shock:

BWAH-HA-HAAAAAAA!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Oh, my.

+++

Thanks FG! That was quite amusing and frighteningly true :shock:

BWAH-HA-HAAAAAAA!

Thanks, Girlfriend. I knew you would understand!

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Hey, I'm another guy, and I thought the article was hilarious and truthful at the same time, no easy feat. The best writing can take us out of ourselves and into understanding people who are different. More men should have reading this made mandatory! (Discussion in the locker room is optional, however.)

We'll not discriminate great from small.

No, we'll serve anyone - meaning anyone -

And to anyone at all!

Note this is the first in an occasional series of essays on food and the body, by a rotating slate of authors. I assure you, we are going to break quite a bit of new ground.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Wonderful article! It almost makes me regret how quickly I'm approaching menopause. (almost)

The evocative prose also simplifies one aspect of my monthly life. Now I can simply tell my husband not to venture into the kitchen for a while, as my hormones demand that I commit unnatural acts with pasta...

Wonderful, fellow Canuck! Extremely well written, funny and pointed as well.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Fantastic article!!!

Cheers and celebration for the Menstruation Maven (I will not call you that on a regular basis, I promise)!

I laughed, I cried. Your article was truly a part of me!

Preach it, sistafriend!

Maggiethecat, you ROCK.

All my girlfriends WILL be reading this article.

Can't wait to meet you Saturday! I'll buy you a . . . what do you drink?

Edited by NeroW (log)

Noise is music. All else is food.

This may sound like brown-nosing, but . . . I think Fat Guy deserves kudos for running that piece. This is the sort of content that sets eGullet apart from the rest. It takes a brain to conceive of stuff like that, and guts to run it. Thanks, FG, you are one sensitive New Age Guy. :wink:

Fun article, Maggie.

Suzanne, Steve put the "Age" in "New Age."

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM