• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

where should i go to dinner

tommy

i've been meaning to, rosie.  what's the parking situation around there?  i lived in hoboken for close to 15 years and could never figure out why out-of-towners were so reluctant to drive in because of the parking hassle (you tend to know where to find a spot when you're living in town, but drive around like an idiot when don't know where to go).  now that i'm an out-of-towner, i dread it.

To make matters worse, the town has now designated one side of almost every street as Resident Parking only--and they're serious about it. So there are only half the # of spots available to "out-of-towners" now. And you're restricted to 4 hours when you can find the legal spots.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 3 weeks later...

GO ANYWAY!! :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

• 2 months later...

Dammit, man...why do you torture me?!? On my drive home tonight I was thinking about my friends who live 1/2 a block from there. YEESH.

There's always tomorrow, though... :wink:

• 8 months later...
it's tuesday.  where should i go for dinner?  seems like a red wine and reddish meat sort of day.

Of course, I immediately thought of Relish in Sparkill, one of my favorites. One of their entrees now is "Red Wine Braised Lamb Shank". Sounds like it fits your bill to a "T"!!

http://www.relishsparkill.com/pages/menus/menu_dinner.html

Second choice would be Citrus Grille on Saddle River Road, just over the border in NY State. Here's their menu:

http://www.citrusgrille.com/

3rd choice would be to wait until Wednesday...

Sorry, duplicate.

Yeah...what's going on at eG today? I got the same notification/reply 6x!!

Odd.

can one eat at the bar at Fortunato in lyndhurst he asked?

Tommy! I went to this place (sort of reminded me of the Soprano's inside though ::evil grin::) but the food was quite good. The Brick House 179 Godwin Ave, Wyckoff, NJ 07481 but some folks love it some hate it. I'm pretty picky and I liked it the night we went and they have a very generous bar so that should make your day! Phone: 201-848-1211 for your usage.

Again though may I suggest Black Forest 249 Us Highway 206 - (973) 347-3344 we loved their food (hubby had game dish and I had duck!)

Or 76 House Restaurant, (845) 359-5476, 110 Main St, Tappan, NY 10983

(All 3 have bars/wine etc) I hope this helps you on your next "Tuesday pick" and if anyone else reads this and agrees with me feel free to let Tommy know - we need Tommy to only get the best food! :biggrin:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

tommy, it's almost 70 degrees and sunny here - NOT red meat and red wine comfort food - yet. what country are you in?

we got home and i made pasta with pesto, salad and chicken saltimbucco. a white with this dinner.

since i'm off most tuedays "where should i eat" is almost always answered with "at home" let me know if you and mrs. tommy are game to venture into the hinterlands for a home cooked meal on a tuesday night - and i'll actuallly have an unfiltered newton chard and cook around it - just give me till after the hawkwatch season

:rolleyes:

hmmmmmmmm maybe i should plan a holiday cocktail party then dinner out this way....

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

and i'll actuallly have an unfiltered newton chard and cook around it - just give me till after the hawkwatch season

:rolleyes:

ooooo. one of my favorite CA chards. i 'member dat one from the wine dinner at The American Grill. excellent stuff!

Tommy, it's " An American Grill"

Should be a good Chard, you drank enough. :wink:

I'll go back in the wordwork now. Just can't help myself.

Tommy, it's " An American Grill"

Should be a good Chard, you drank enough. :wink:

I'll go back in the wordwork now. Just can't help myself.

so i'm in my car this morning, i suddenly i think "did i write *THE* American Grill?? i hope lou doesn't see that before i can fix it." drats.

Give him a break, Lou. It was 9:22pm on a Tuesday; he shouldn't have been typing at that hour! :wink: