• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Peking Duck House vs. Pasta Amore

tommy

i have the chance to go to one of these two places with some friends. i've never been to either.

i've heard a bit about the peking duck house, and it's supposed to be pretty good (but really, after china 46, why bother eating at any other chinese place?).

pasta amore sounds mediocre. their website is here.

any thoughts on either of these places?

I wasn't aware there was a Peking Duck House in Piermont. There's one in Closter. Its a fairly solid Chinese restaurant but no China 46.

I've been to Pasta Amore twice, its not a bad place at all. Fairly standard mid-range Italian place that aspires to be better than your typical Italian-american restaurant.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

jason, you're right.  PDH is in closter.  i got all confused as it's on Piermont rd.  imadumbass.

but, i think those remain the two options. 

are either byo?

Well, Pasta Amore is NOT BYO as its in NY and they have a bar. I think Peking Duck House has a liquor license as well, but you should check up on it.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

BTW, both America and Jerry's Osteria in Tenafly would be excellent alternatives, if you have to be in this area. Those two both have liquor licenses as well though.

Theres also a good korean restaurant (theres actually two) on Piermont road called Hae Woon Dae that Rachel and I have been to a few times.

Oh, my and lest I forget, the AMAZING Umeya, a fantastic Japanese-owned sushi restaurant in Cresskill on Piermont Rd. Pricey but well worth it.

And Samdan, a pretty good middle eastern place. Although I think Sapphire in Tenafly is a little better, personally. Can't put my foot on exactly why though.