• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cooking concepts.com

tan319

Just found this site

http://www.cookingconcepts.com/

They make the isi profi whipper, pacojet but a really cool thing is apparently an Adria development, hence the name, 'elBulliolor Vaporizor'!

Has anybody seen or heard of this before?

I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Anyone else?

update: Looked a little more on the site. It looks like it is a bottled 'essence' sprayer.

Edited by tan319 (log)

2317/5000

The Superbag is a new one to me- very interesting...

The superbag...

so you would put the solids in the bag and the liquid around it?

to eliminate the whole 'raft' thing?

That's wild... I've got to get to Spain!

2317/5000

• 3 years later...
I know this is a years-old thread, but I am trying to fully understand the form and function of the superbag, and would appreciate any enlightenment available from the egullet community.

thanks!

From the English version of that web page:

Superbag is a revolutionary bag. It is a porous filter manufactured in an inert, flexible and heat-resistant material which is suitable for cooking and adapts perfectly to different containers.

Superbag is ideal for preparing consommés, making stocks and, in general, cooking large quantities of ingredients; in these processes it reduces the amount of water the cook needs to use and saves a great deal of time, since there is no need to strain or clarify consommés.

Maybe it's like a pourous "sous vide" sort of bag?

This is just a guess but it sounds like you put the ingredients in the bag and put the bag in the liquid. Because the bag is pourous, the ingredients inside flavor the liquid surrounding the bag but the solids stay in the bag. If true, it would eliminate the need for skimming. Hence, the clear consommés.

Too bad they left out the size/volume of the bag so we could see how "super" it is.

Here's an email address from the site so you can direct any questions to them:

icc@cookingconcepts.com

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver