• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ice Cream

Suvir There is a place called Michelles on Clinton south of Arapahoe Rd that is excellent. It is family owned and operated. The co started in Colorado

Springs . They make their own hot fudge, hot caramel, and other toppings. They also offer sandwiches etc, I can not comment on those because I only go for the ice cream goodies. All of the flavors i have had have been good. Hope thi helps.

colestove

colestove  Posted on Mar 10 2003, 08:10 PM...There is a place called Michelles on Clinton south of Arapahoe Rd

Colestove,

Do you know when they opened there? I was at the original place in the Springs years ago, and it was great.

afn

afn:

They have been open for several months maybe even a year. They are in a new building just south of Three Margaritias (sp) across from The

Country Dinner Playhouse. They also make their chocolates which are

outrstanding as well. From what I can tell the original family still runs the

operation and the quality control is very good.

colestove,

Thanks for the info. It'll be useful the next time I'm stuck in the T-Rex mess. There's nothing like ice cream to relieve stress. Have you been to whatever it is that Lickety Split morphed into?

afn

Thanks Colestove...

I shall try and find these places...

Today, I have come home way past midnight with over $70 worth of ice cream from the Safeway...

The freezer is looking like mine in NYC... stacked with scores of pints of ice cream.. of all flavors...

• 3 weeks later...