• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mediterraneo

i love my new kitchen..........but chronique has a huge kitchen for the size of the restaurant....new town has a crazy central unit stove,not functional the cooks tell me though,its beautiful ,and blue check out MOLTENI s new stove on there website its straight out of star trek......

Hi Jean-Francois,

Welcome to eGullet and thanks for posting under your name (well... initials at least). :smile:

Please keep us posted about your upcoming adventures.

Also, let's all keep in mind there are plenty of people outside of Montreal reading this. So to avoid these posts being reduced to internet chat, please write out full chef's names and what restaurant they're associated with so that any eGulleters thinking of visiting Montreal might hear of a few places recommended by us locals.

This way we can all do our best to promote our wonderful city and food scene. :smile:

I had heard that the kitchen at intercontinental had picked up in the last year. I was there when they opened (long time ago), it was great but it also went down for a while. Let's hope they keep it up. That being said, I was in Quebec City yesterday. I stopped by the newly placed Cafe du Monde for lunch. Good god, talk about volume !!!!