• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Last Supper...

Hi all!

Been lurking for a while but I thought I would pop my head up over the parapet one last time. My wife and I are permanently leaving London for New Zealand at the end of March and as a result we would be very grateful if you could make any suggestions for our "last supper" in London.

All price brackets and locations considered, we are looking for the best culinary experience so we can take those exquisite memories of our last meal with us on our journey!

Anyway, hope you can all help.

megandavid :wub:

I'm with jay on this one.  Gavvers by a long way

S

I've got a night in london before embarking on honeymoon and wanted a proper, unfashionable restaurant to go to.

Le gavroche sprung to mind but i wasn't sure, however the votes of 2 of the boards elder statesmen has made my mind up so i'm booked in now :biggrin:

cheers

gary

ps the set lunch at £40 with 1/2 bottle sounds attractive

you don't win friends with salad

Unfashionable but good.

The equivalent in NY would be Bernadin. It is one of those places that people often forget about in the clamour to go to the latest and hottest, but they know what they are doing and do it exceptionally well and seldm disappoint

Have fun. I have been told that people can have fun with a set lunch but have never tried it myself

:rolleyes:

S