• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indian Food Personalities in the US

Suvir Saran

What about Maya Kaimal? She has written cookbooks about Indian food, & done some television work about the subject.

Monica, do you remember which local Canadian shows, you have appeared on?

-----------------

Steve

Sorry sorry Monica, I just realize now that you had mentioned Maya Kaimal in a earlier post in this same thread(how did I miss it??).

Christine Cushing Live & Canada AM are seen nationally, & both air live(some of the Canada AM segments are pre-taped). I probably have your live appearance on Christine Cushing Live, in one of my videotapes. At that time, I didn't know your name.

--------------

Steve

Thanks Timo, I will try and follow her on shows.

Monica , congratulations on your cooking shows on Food network, could you please share with us on what you have cooked and some recipes... please.

P2

Monica , congratulations on your cooking shows on Food network, could you please share with us on what you have cooked and some recipes... please.

P2

Who are the top players in the Indian food scene in the US?

Easy: it's got to be Suvir, Monica & IndiaGirl :smile:

A special big up respect to his Royal Majesty Simon Majumdar even if he is as English as a Morris Dancing fertility ritual :biggrin:

scottishchef - how many times in a month are you going to make my day?

:)

shall i thank you for you lovely compliments with my favorite dal recipe?