• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

He'brew, the chosen beer, Genesis Ale

gknl

My father bought a bottle at Safeway because he thought it was interesting and funny. It's really good. I had a swig and was transported back to Germany like no other domestic beer has ever done. They describe it as a light brown ale; it tasted a lot like I remember alt bier tasting (my favorite when I was there which is brewed like an ale if I remember correctly).

The back label says, among other things, "a microbrew to complement the Jewish American experience." It's kosher certified and Rabbi approved too. Brewed in Boonville, Anderson Valley, Northern California.

http://www.shmaltz.com

Ediot: No C in Shmaltz!

Edited by gknl (log)

• 1 month later...

it says their "partner" brewery (whatever that means) is Anderson Valley, and they are a REALLY fine brewery. Just try any of their other brews, particularly their Hop Ottin' IPA.

this is funny!

Born Free, Now Expensive