• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Super Tacos Sobre Ruedas

Pan

I had a late supper at this taco truck on 96 St. and Broadway: two tacos de lengua washed down with horchata. Delicious, cheap meal, really tasty.

Michael aka "Pan"

saw that truck. wonder if you were there when i walked by.

being a visitor, i wondered if i should eat there anyway, but was mighty full from rodizio earlier in day.

how cheap, BTW?

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Pan - If you have a chance and you are in that neighborhood for some reason, try the taco cart on 97th street just west of Second Avenue. I think she has better food then the taco truck on 96th street does. Especially her gorditas and sopes which she will make for you on the spot if she is out of them. But her taco enchilada, and pollo, are much better then 96th & Broadway IMHO.

I had a late supper at this taco truck on 96 St. and Broadway: two tacos de lengua washed down with horchata. Delicious, cheap meal, really tasty.

Just posted my Mexican friend's recipe for tacos de lengua (over in the Gourmet Slowcooker thread) - I mean, if you're interested in playing along at home....

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

saw that truck.  wonder if you were there when i walked by. 

being a visitor, i wondered if i should eat there anyway, but was mighty full from rodizio earlier in day.

how cheap, BTW?

$2 per taco, $1 for the horchata!

I was there around 1 A.M. last night.

Michael aka "Pan"

Pan - If you have a chance and you are in that neighborhood for some reason, try the taco cart on 97th street just west of Second Avenue. I think she has better food then the taco truck on 96th street does. Especially her gorditas and sopes which she will make for you on the spot if she is out of them. But her taco enchilada, and pollo, are much better then 96th & Broadway IMHO.

Thanks for the recommendation, Steve. I am not usually up there, but is she mostly around in the evening?

Michael aka "Pan"