• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fifteen

i was once invited to lunch at river cafe and decided instead to go for lunch and shopping in italy. my friends at r.c. had lunch, i flew to genoa, ate lunch, did a great shop, and came back. I had change, they did not. (okay, i went ryannair). but still...........

you had change - so no wheelchair then? :wink:

yes, buying food from the back of the car with no questions asked. old pub tradition, i used to go down to my local and some guy once came in with half a cow and started cutting up steaks on the counter.

True, but "15" isn't a pub, and given that Jamie is banging on about "Know your source" etc, one wonders if this means that he has as much credibility at the restuarant as in the case of his "They should stop feeding the kids shit", whilst selling it for Sainsbury's?

i know, i hate hypocrisy.

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com

Yikes. Jaaaymaaay oughta keep a shorter leash on his team of former delinquents.

But, (according to the article), it is not illegal to purchase the fish during the off-season, even though it's illegal to pull it from the lake? Like U.S. prostitution laws, illegal to BE one, not illegal to patronize.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

Yikes. Jaaaymaaay oughta keep a shorter leash on his team of former delinquents.

But, (according to the article), it is not illegal to purchase the fish during the off-season, even though it's illegal to pull it from the lake? Like U.S. prostitution laws, illegal to BE one, not illegal to patronize.

Yes and kinda like Ortolans in France.