• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cricket time foods

not that i know what boti-kebab, sookha or haldram are.

Sookha means dry; and it should read haldiram (I made a typo) previously. Haldiram is a well known packager of dry fruitsand goodies , also has a hugh restaurant in the outskirts of Delhi. Boti Kebab is a kind of skewer mutton grilled. Me ? A jackal :blink: hmmm :wub:

Edited by anil (log)

anil

I am taking bets now  :wink: Regardless I think I am feeding 30 people on Sunday!!!

I guess the inevitable happened :biggrin: Having worked till wee hours on the morning - I slept

till late in the morning - Woke up to note that the match was still going on - Ind Vs Ken.

I was in Del when Ind lost to Aus, and the subsequent backlash in all major cities :sad:

I guess Sunday is going to be Badla Bollywood style no ? :biggrin:

anil

Congratulations to India on sweeping Kenya aside. How did they get that far?

I think I shall root for the team which I regard marginally as the underdogs. Also, I am genetically conditioned to root for Australia in sporting events only when the alternative is rooting for Germany.

:angry:

Edited by Wilfrid (log)

Anil, come on over!!!!! We are ready to PARTY desi style.... we have food, drink and a bunch of crazy friends over (my hubby claims our friends list reads like the UN roster!)

I wonder about the outcome....  :biggrin:

No Thanks :smile: I'll stick to my Applet giving me ball-to-ball updates.

Is this game being broadcast on regular Cable in NYC ?

anil

Anil, come on over!!!!! We are ready to PARTY desi style.... we have food, drink and a bunch of crazy friends over (my hubby claims our friends list reads like the UN roster!)

:sad:

okay

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

:sad:

okay

Monica !!!! You folks are having a party in NYC :biggrin:

anil