• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your favorite Cajun restaurant

swissmiss

I am writing a piece on Cajun food for a non-food related magazine, which should include the names of a few Cajun restaurants around the country as recommendations to readers. I have a few already, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here if anyone wants to rave about a favorite place. Again, anywhere in the country is good, as the magazine wants to be less NY-centric. If you have a phone number or a website please include it.

Thank you!

Edited by swissmiss (log)

Anne E. McBride

I can't edit my post any longer, but I misread your original post: translated Cajun to New Orleans..my mistake. I would not consider Bayonna Cajun, though Acme might fit the bill..although its noted for its oysters, mostly..which transcend a category.

The best Cajun restaurants are to be found around Lafayette and New Iberia, Louisiana. That is the home to that particular cuisine. Probably the best chain that is cajun inspired is Copelands. Have fun with your project.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Pappadeaux's is very good - consistantly-here, and has several restaurants in the south. They've had a Mardi Gras promo going this last week. We've had boiled crawfish twice this past weekend. MMMMMMM.

Stop Family Violence