• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ricotta Cheescake in LA?

bperlow

You need to go to an Italian bakery. Alternatively, its called an Italian Cheesecake.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

You might find it, but you probably won't like it. I avoid LA cannolli's, and it seems to me if you can't find the good cannolli, you won't find the good ricotta cheesecake.

PS I don't know Claro's, please post if you prove me wrong.

Edited by Beachfan (log)

beachfan

My favorite Italian bakery in LA is Nicolosi's. It's in Encino (fer, shure) on the south side of Ventura Boulevard just east of White Oak. I don't know about their cheesecake since I'm not a fan of the ricotta variety but I love the cannoli. You won't see them in the case when you walk in, you have to ask. They keep them in the back and then fill the shells when you are at the counter.

Good luck.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

• 1 month later...

For the first time yesterday, I wandered into Sorrento, a "packed to the rafters" Italian deli in Culver City. Shelves piled high with all sorts of goods, great looking baked goods, deli meats and cheeses and more behind the counter, freezer cases with pizza dough, pastas and more. I can't vouch for their cannoli, cheesecake or other stuff but this place is worth going back to. We brought home some great mortadella, cappacola and other stuff.

Anyone else familiar with this place.

So long and thanks for all the fish.