• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee Mugs

awbrig

My WilliamsSonoma coffee mugs are too small. I need a new good coffee mug that looks nice and holds a good cup - doesnt need to fit in any cup holder since it will be drank at home...

What do you all drink your coffee in when you're not drinking your Starbucks in a paper cup? Old Mug? Fancy insulated chrome Mug? Glued Broken Mug? Let me know and post a pic if you got it. THX!

at home a regular ceramic tallish 6" mug (comes in white or orange) which tapers towards the bottom

at work, a double walled steel one with a plastic lid - standard issue mug style, perpendicular walls. i am not too fond of drinking out of a plastic lid but i need that because i walk around from place to place a lot and even when on level ground i find it impossible to walk with coffee without spillage

must be all the coffee i drink

I drink my coffee iced out of a kid's meal cup from TGIFridays! :biggrin:

--Honest! :biggrin:

I don't own any glasses that are big enough and I have already shattered two plastic tumblers

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

From the skulls of my defeated enemies.

:shock:

Not me, I have a cute little bunny rabbit mug:

fc933a91.jpg

Oh man, I am so jealous... I used to have one of those, but it broke :angry:

I do still have the penguin version though. :rolleyes:

For years and years:

http:/www.tervis.com

the 17 oz. mug with a handle.

Sam

Nice quote from their website.

Tervis Tumblers are made of high quality polycarbonate - the same durable material found in bulletproof windows, airplane windows, space shuttles, and shields carried by riot police officers. Polycarbonate is ten times more impact-resistant than other plastics.

For all your bulletproof mug needs! :blink:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Oh man, I am so jealous... I used to have one of those, but it broke :angry:

I do still have the penguin version though.  :rolleyes:

If you'd like, you can buy more. You can even order just the bunnies.

edit: typo.

You are a god... thank you.

Job #1: dark blue standard-sized "Standard Federal Bank" mug. I like its subtle, navy blue feeling of authority, especially when compared with my boss's rather swishy mug with cigars painted on it.

Job #2: frantic guzzlings of burned coffee in bitten styrofoam cup while running all over car lot and hoping to God that the next test drive I go on with a customer, the wheel doesn't fall off the car again.

Home: slightly larger than usual heavy purple mug from Target. Or, if that is dirty, a Christmas mug with a little Santa on the handle, his head worn down from years of nervous, caffeine-induced thumb-rubbing.

On that note, time for another cup. In the Standard Fed mug.

EDIT: "i" before "e" except after "c"

Edited by NeroW (log)

Noise is music. All else is food.

Wait a minute, you mean people actually BUY coffe mugs? Not just get them as premiums from their public radio station? Or as party favors, or awards, or "gifts" from the New York Knicks? (Those are THE BEST -- café au lait size, and they came with a pint thermos!) Go on, you're all kidding! :wacko:

BTW: what I drink my coffee IN is usually my bathrobe, or sweats; I drink it FROM a cup from WNYC or Hallmark or Minnesota or the City Planning Commission. Or the Knicks.

Wait a minute, you mean people actually BUY coffe mugs?  Not just get them as premiums from their public radio station? 

BTW: what I drink my coffee IN is usually my bathrobe, or sweats; I drink it FROM a cup from WNYC

Those are the best mugs, they actually make the coffee taste better too.