• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 1)

maggiethecat

And iron my shirts while you're at it ok? Casserole? mac and cheese please.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

ok, ladies -

looks like we will have to make mike and steve honorary ladies - not that steve hasn't already dressed up as one of us already. :laugh:

though fried chicken and mac and cheese does sound good...

mike, quick tip. use a dryer with a buzzer that will let you know when your shirts are done. no more ironing. :biggrin:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

mike, quick tip.  use a dryer with a buzzer that will let you know when your shirts are done.  no more ironing. :biggrin:

Yeah, tell that to my GF!!! :angry:

Sorry for the smartass posts ladies. It's just that my girlfriend suddenly gave me "the look" a couple of nights ago and I wasn't looking forward to the next 36 hours or so. But I'm fairly lucky, I've experienced MUCH worse cases than her. She just gets a little weepy and becomes convinced her 115 lb body is overweight. But I think the cloud has already passed for this month!

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

ok, ladies -

looks like we will have to make mike and steve honorary ladies - not that steve hasn't already dressed up as one of us already. :laugh:

You mean getting dolled up earns me an invite to the Ladies' Luncheon? O.K., here goes...

gallery_336_534_1104543679.jpg

Edited by Fresser (log)

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

Somehow, that picture is much less disturbing than the one of you as the doughboy.

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Somehow, that picture is much less disturbing than the one of you as the doughboy.

Hmmm. I think they run on par in my books.

Oh.My.God.

:wink::laugh:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

• 4 weeks later...

bacon blue cheese burger yesterday. why do they bother putting all that other "stuff" on the plate - inferior coleslaw and potato chips (said i didn't want the fries). give me a couple of pickles and stand clear.

today i was craving tuna fish salad... :hmmm:

415 edt time for dinner break

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Heh. I did the PMS-cure-by-burger thing Monday night (bacon double cheeseburger at Hodad's, notorious for Burgers Wider Than The Normal Human Mouth). And last night I basically inhaled an entire bag of Brach's bridge mix.

And today, I have one of my non-standard PMS symptoms: raging heartburn.

Plus a craving for another Hodad's burger.

It's not fair, I tell ya! :angry::laugh:

Ya'll are bustin me up!!! Love the legs! I do think the pix was a bit disturbing though...wouldn't answer my door on Halloween for that one! :blink:

I crave beans and rice with tortilla chips w/ spicy salsa. Chile Verde if I can get it. :raz: Natch, chocolate, sugar, caffeine...all the bad stuff.

I wish I felt well enough to actually buy the Lays potato chips and melt the chocolate, dip the chips in the chocolate so I can get my salty/sweet. (I did once chop up chocolate and mix with salted nuts for this purpose!...My husband took one look and walked out of the room..be afraid, be very afraid!) :shock:

gallery_18820_923_65566.jpg

Coffee (a dry cappuccino), chocolate (dark chocolate brownie with Ghiradelli chocolate chunks) and eGullet.

The holy trinity of PMS.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

PMS is a distant memory, thank you. But I do seem to recall cravings for red meat, potato chips (salt, salt and more salt) and chocolate fudge.

Can't say much for the eyeshadow, but Steve, pray tell what is that lipstick you're wearing? I love the shade -- :wink:

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Ya'll are bustin me up!!!  Love the legs! 

I do think the pix was a bit disturbing though...wouldn't answer my door on Halloween for that one! :blink:

Trick-or-Treat was the least of my worries that evening, Genny.

Given that it was Halloween, I figured I could use the restaurant's mens room without much fuss. So I used the facilities and was washing up when a youngish guy walked in, looked at me and screamed, "AAAAAUUGHHH!" Then he ran out the bathroom door so quickly he forgot to open it first. :shock:

I thought to myself, "Maybe he thought it was the ladies' room instead." So I sauntered back to the table where he and his friends were seated and said in my best basso profundo, "Hey, Man...there's plenty of room in there."

This poor chap was cowering in fear, bleating, "Nooo! Please nooo!!" He was curled up in a little ball while the rest of his table convulsed with laughter. :laugh:

So I ask you ladies: the next time I dress up as Heather Duster, should I powder my nose in the ladies room instead? And do I get to claim PMS as my excuse? :raz:

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

WHERE THE FLIP IS THE ICON FOR CHOKING ON YOUR WINE!!!!!!!!!!

steve, sweetie, use the ladies next time - no open facilities and the bidet usually is in a stall as well so all we see is your generous form washing up. course you may hear some less than ladylike words and bitchy things but...as long as you don't tell, i;m sure your sisters won't as well.

back to the topic at hand... so to speak... why does the salt/sugar/fat craving go away(as well as the desire for any food) once your "friend" visits....and what about us approaching a "certain" age when the cravings come but not your period? (and NO there is NO freakin' way i am with child - i'm leaving that to my 37 year old sister-in-law)

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites