• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 1)

maggiethecat

Since I moved out of my parent's place and lived with a whole bunch of other pmsers, my PMS- has, miraculously, decreased in intensity in that I don't get bitchy anymore. I just much more and want more sweets than usual..

those kraft caramel candies.. mm

kraft-caramels_small1.jpg

I'm with you, Sista!  :raz: PMS never strikes me either, though I do get kvetchy before payday.

steve- so nice to know the hrt(hormone replacement therapy) is working for you. has it really helped the leg hair? :biggrin:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 1 month later...

Salt.

Anchovies straight from the tin. Spoonfuls of salted capers. Sundried tomatoes. Very old dutch cheese. With a side of anchovies, please. Toast with butter, sprinkled with seasalt. Chunks of gorgonzola cheese. A spoonful of peanutbutter from the jar, sprinkled with seasalt.

Salt.

And I 'normally' eat very little salt... :blink:

Chocolate all the way.

I ate a large part of a box of Enstrom's toffee and later found out why it was that I had such a craving. I'm never ordering it again! Too dangerous :)

The bacon cheeseburger and fries I ate for lunch.

That's better than yesterday's craving, which was animal crackers dipped in diet Coke. :blink:

Fucking hormones.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

The bacon cheeseburger and fries I ate for lunch.

That's better than yesterday's craving, which was animal crackers dipped in diet Coke.  :blink:

Fucking hormones.

K

amen, sister. amen.

though now, after reading maggie's piece on bacon and eggs and this - how about a bacon cheesburger with fried egg?!!

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

amen, sister.  amen.

though now, after reading maggie's piece on bacon and eggs and this - how about a bacon cheesburger with fried egg?!!

I suppose it doesn't help that I've been nursing a vicious hangover all day. :biggrin:

You're not going to believe this, but I have had that. It's delicious, especially if you're just desperate for fat & cholesterol.

I just ate half a baguette from the bakery with some leftover very creamy French cheese of some kind - I've forgotten what. Yum!

K

Edited by bergerka (log)

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

lia-

try pub cheese cheddar and jalapeno. blows that fake cheese away but still gives you the fat and heat you crave.

speaking as one who had been there

suzi

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something truly disgusting...

I'm PMSing and craving salty and sweet things. I almost never eat chips, but I'm downing these cheddar-flavoured Stax like there's no tomorrow, in between bites of brownie. Both are good, but then I remember the jar of Cheez Whiz we have in the fridge. I spread Cheez Whiz on the remainder of my brownie (ever so guiltily) and relish every last bite.

Cheez Whiz and chocolate.

So...good and disgusting at the same time.

I think I'm going to have another. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ling (log)