• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cookbooks – How Many Do You Own? (Part 1)

maggiethecat

I only own 76.  But, can we count the 43 that I have currently checked out from the library?

Your library lets you check out 43 books at a time?!

Edited by Marlene (log)

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

I only own 76.  But, can we count the 43 that I have currently checked out from the library?

The 43 is cookbooks. I also have 6 mysteries, 2 non-fiction, 3 fiction, and Peter has 23 books checked out. Oh, and I think Diana has 8 checked out. Minneapolis Public Library rocks. You can check out unlimited (I think), they have a great selection of current DVD's and videos, and an awesome selection of cookbooks. And on-line reserving (they e-mail you when book is in) and renewing. Plus our branch is 4 blocks away.

Edited by snowangel (log)
Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I have a few over 70, with the oldest being The White House Cookbook, which was printed before the turn of the century(that would be pre-1900) and my most recent purchase was Daniel Boulard's Cooking in New York City. Quite a span!

The 43 is cookbooks. I also have 6 mysteries, 2 non-fiction, 3 fiction, and Peter has 23 books checked out. Oh, and I think Diana has 8 checked out. Minneapolis Public Library rocks. You can check out unlimited (I think), they have a great selection of current DVD's and videos, and an awesome selection of cookbooks. And on-line reserving (they e-mail you when book is in) and renewing. Plus our branch is 4 blocks away.

Oh man. I want to live next to your library! :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

add 2 more for me!

When shopping today and picked up a book on tsukemono (Japanese pickles), I am dtermined to make my own umeshu (Japanese plum wine?) this year.

I also picked a Cooking with Winnie the Pooh book for the kids and we just finished making a vanilla cream pudding from it.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"