• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

format

I prefer smaller chunks myself, so I just slice the fruit a bit thinner than what she calls for in her recipes. But it really depends on the size of the fruit. If you use small apricots and cut them in half, it works out fine, but if they are large obviously you need to cut them further.

Here is a local jam, Waters Catering's Meyer lemon vanilla bean "marmalade". I used the quotation marks because it is runny unlike a traditional marmalade, not jewel-clear, also less caramelized. But you know what, it is delicious. The Meyers lemons are great in there, they are bright, slightly tart, with a flavor that reminds a bit of bergamot and that is anchored by the vanilla.

Waters catering Meyer lemon vanilla bean marmalade

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Typo

I prefer smaller chunks myself, so I just slice the fruit a bit thinner than what she calls for in her recipes. But it really depends on the size of the fruit. If you use small apricots and cut them in half, it works out fine, but if they are large obviously you need to cut them further.

Here is a local jam, Waters Catering's Meyer lemon vanilla bean "marmalade". I used the quotation marks because it is runny unlike a traditional marmalade, not jewel-clear, also less caramelized. But you know what, it is delicious. The Meyers lemons are great in there, they are bright, slightly tart, with a flavor that reminds a bit of bergamot and that is anchored by the vanilla.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Here is a local jam, Waters Catering's Meyer lemon a vanilla bean "marmalade". I used the quotation marks because it is runny unlike a traditional marmalade, not jewel-clear, also less caramelized. But you know what, it is delicious. The Meyers lemons are great in there, they are bright, slightly tart, with a flavor that reminds a bit of bergamot and that is anchored by the vanilla.