• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Picklelicious -- Pickles from the Barrel

menton1

There is someone that sells pickles at the NJ Farmer's Markets also. Don't remember name.

also, I think it's Dr. Pickle, at the Highland Park FM--he does great business--at least he was there 2 years ago, the last year I had a stand there.

Zoe

I'm 99% sure he was there when I stopped in a few weeks ago.

I just noticed them at the Farmer's Market in Toms River (Wednesdays at Huddy Park - for anyone interested). I will definitely give them a try (especially the hot & spicy pickles). You never know what you'll find on this board. :)

Bought some today (actually quite a bit) at the Farmer's Market. Some hot & spicy, pickled tomatoes, sweet peppers and half sours. The best to me are the half sours and the tomatoes. Even though I bought them, I find the hot & spicy to be just a tad too spicy for my taste. I also tried the horseradish pickles and while interesting it didn't merit a purchase. Thanks for bringing these guys to my attention. I will try the olives next.

Edited by bgut1 (log)

Here in Fair Lawn, Petak's Deli has apparently opened a Dr. Pickle store within a store (along with a kosher pizzeria, kind of strange!). Is this the same guy as everyone else is talking about? I tried to get some the other day but the pickle section was closed.

Just to be clear, Picklelicious and Dr. Pickle are not the same vendor. It would be good if someone who is a Dr. Pickle fan could start a new thread about them, perhaps including store information or if they don't have a store front, a list of where they sell?