• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I tried a few variations on the Old Fashioned tonight.

The American Trilogy: equal parts bonded Applejack and rye (I used Rittenhouse), orange bitters. This cocktail was introduced to me by a friend. I read that it was created by Richard Boccato and Michael McIlroy from Little Branch in 2007.

Then I tried the same cocktail with Calvados instead of the applejack. It was not quite as good but I suspect that my Calvados is not quite up to par.

6793274085_a9affd415d_z.jpg

Then this cocktail on the Bittermens website caught my eye: The Conference (attributed to Brian Miller at Death and Company, 2007) with 1/2 oz each rye, bourbon, Calvados, Cognac, 1/4 oz demerara, Angostura and mole bitters, lemon and orange twists. It's a fun cocktail with a little bit of everything!

6793369991_b5438bc5f3_z.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I tried a few variations on the Old Fashioned tonight.

The American Trilogy: equal parts bonded Applejack and rye (I used Rittenhouse), orange bitters. This cocktail was introduced to me by a friend. I read that it was created by Richard Boccato and Michael McIlroy from Little Branch in 2007.

Then I tried the same cocktail with Calvados instead of the rye. It was not quite as good but I suspect that my Calvados is not quite up to par.

6793274085_a9affd415d_z.jpg

Then this cocktail on the Bittermens website caught my eye: The Conference (attributed to Brian Miller at Death and Company, 2007) with 1/2 oz each rye, bourbon, Calvados, Cognac, 1/4 oz demerara, Angostura and mole bitters, lemon and orange twists. It's a fun cocktail with a little bit of everything!

6793369991_b5438bc5f3_z.jpg