• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Storage of Framboise

awbrig

I have a bottle of opened Bonny Doon Framboise - (Raspberry Wine) and have kept it at room temp in our pantry for at least a year. Is it still good or was this supposed to be refridgerated. And if its still good-any recommendations how to use it up, in food or in cocktails. Thanks!

Edited by awbrig (log)

Others may disagree, but I think it's fine as long as it didn't get too warm. The high sugar content should act as a preservative.

Very nice added to champagne like a kir royale. Use it when making raspberry sorbet for flavor depth and to keep it from freezing solid. A little bit in hot chocolate is good.

I keep Framboise out of the refrigerator for quite a while, although maybe not a year, and it doesn't seem to suffer much. Use it in desserts, especially those using red/black/blue fruits, although a teaspoon or so in apple pie doesn't hurt (although the colour may be a little strange). Not bad in chocolate desserts either, say a chocolate mousse. A teaspoon or less in one of the more acidic white wines makes a pleasant drink, not unlike a Kir.