• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food in the Simpsons

Schielke

Simpson's Food guide

Links to episodes with descriptions of food they ate. Scroll down for Simpson's recipes.

My favorite is the recipe for Homer's Space Age(out of this world) Moon Waffles.

Homer's Space Age(out of this world) Moon Waffles

[9F01] Homer the Heretic

ingredients:

1 package of caramel squares

2 cups waffle batter

1 bottle liqiud smoke

1 stick of butter

instuctions:

place caramel in the waffle iron

pour on waffle batter

add liquid smoke to taste

cook thoroughly

take the stick of butter and wrap the moon waffle around it place it on a toothpic and serve

makes 1 unfortunate serving

Edited by Schielke (log)

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

Where's the recipe for the pot of chili made with the Guatamalan Insanity Chiles?
Chief Wiggum's Chilli

[3F24] The Mysterious Voyage of Homer

ingredients:

5 gallons of water quesosakatenango chili peppers from Guatamala (to taste) instructions:

combine ingredients in a large pot cook until boiling serve immediately

makes 5 gallons

Not much to the chili, but if it allows you to find your soul mate... what the hell.

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

Here's my favorite.

SkittleBrau

ingredients:

2 pkg. Skittles

1 6pk. Duffenbrau

instructions:

add Skittles candies evenly to 6 12oz. cans of Duffenbrau

chill briefly

makes 6 servings

NOTE: You may want to use caution when preparing Skittlebrau. When Skittles are added to beer, it creates a scary sort of chemical reaction, causing the beer to foam uncontrollably.

I, personally, can't think of anything more cromulant.

"There's nary an animal alive that can out run a greased Scotsman"

Did you ever see Willie selling Haggis?

"Get your haggis here, chopped heart and lungs, boiled in a wee sheep's stomach, tastes as good as it sounds, good for what ails ya"

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

From Lisa the Vegetarian:

Lisa: No I can't!  I can't eat any of them!

Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute.  Lisa honey, are you

saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again?  What about

bacon?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Ham?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad!  Those all come from the same animal!

Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa.  A wonderful, magical animal.

Milhouse: "Bart, hurry up!  If we're late for school, we'll miss our free federal breakfast!"  Bart: "It's just Saltines and pig paste."  Milhouse: "Ew gross!  Saltines!"

I just saw this episode last night--I think Bart says "fig paste." Yes, I've got too much time on my hands.....

And, just to show I also have too much time (and an unhealthy desire to correct those around me), since this episode was also just on:

Homer: "Butter that bacon!" Bart: "But, dad! My heart!" Homer: "This is my house and you'll follow my rules! Now--bacon that sausage!"

Bart actually says "But, Dad! My heart hurts!".

Sheesh (self-directed).

My favorite:

• Bart and Homer race wildly after Lisa until she pushes the pig grill off the top of a slope. The pig passes through a hedge:
    Homer: It's just a little dirty. It's still good, it's still good!
    [Passes traffic, jumps a bridge and lands in the water.]
    It's just a little slimy, it's still good, it's still good!
    [it gets caught in a dam spillway, and when the pressure builds, it shoots into the sky.]
    It's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good!
    Bart: [Crestfallen.] It's gone.
    Homer: I know.

the cast of the simpsons will be on the actor's studio on sunday night.  should be funny.

I actually saw most of this last week. It's very weird/disturbing hearing those voices come out of real people who look nothing like the characters. Just the fact that Mr. Burns and Smithers are voiced by the same actor lends a whole other dimension to the characters. One frustrating thing about the show is that while they are interviewing individual cast members they mostly show clips from the Simpsons shows rather than the actors. I know what the characters look like - I wanted to see and meet the actors.

I just saw this episode last night--I think Bart says "fig paste." Yes, I've got too much time on my hands.....
Bart actually says "But, Dad! My heart hurts!".

Thanks, Big Mac & Stephanie. When I watch the show, I'm usually laughing so hard I apparently can't understand my own language. :biggrin:

Noise is music. All else is food.

Can't believe no one's mentioned the episode where Homer (with lots of help from Lisa) becomes the restaurant critic for the paper.

Or the one where he get sued for eating too much at the "all you can eat seafood" restaurant.

• 1 year later...