• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

D'Chez Eux

Gary Marshall

This is an old fashioned bistro luxe that faces Invalides. They are known for serving a large basket of various sausages where you are welcome to eat as much as you want. There is also a cart with about a dozen bowls of various salads. The food is from the Southwest of France. Cassoulet, magret etc. For dessert it is more of the same as they wheel a cart around the room with various desserts like napoleons, chocolate mouse, creme caramel etc., of which you can order as much as you want. It's an okay place to eat. I have found it to be a little plain for my tastes. But it is fun with all those carts and baskets rolling around the room. If I recall (I don't think I've been there for about 5 years) it's rather expensive for a bistro.

Well, I for one, love D'Chez Eau. One of the friendliest bistros in town, and in my mind one of the best as well. As Steve P. intimated, it is only for the VERY HUNGRY! I usually skip the salad cart (the waiter will slice off some sausage regardless) and get a light starter instead (like snails). Then, their wonderful rack of lamb -- the full rack with pots of veggies and potatoes. A nice Vieux Telegraphe off of a very good wine list usually fits the bill. Followed by cheese -- they will leave the entire cheese tray at your table. Then the endless dessert cart and bowls of chocolate mousse, ice cream (with various toppings), and cakes. By the dozen.

Good eating here!