• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Passionfruit cordial

Duoh!! :shock: I see that I paid double retail for a bottle of spirits of a particular national origin at particular restaraurant because I was certain it wasn't available in liquor stores here!! I'm being circumspect because I don't think said restaurant was actually supposed to sell me said bottle. Better savor it....

Edited by tighe (log)

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

The site actually helped me find an alternative for the excellent, but very expensive and hard to find Clear Creek Framboise. I saw that a couple stores carried a French brand I hadn't heard of before, but that was less than a third of the price of Clear Creek and had good reviews from several web sites. Also, I see there are a lot more stores carrying Maraschino these days, which is a very good thing.

If you know the brand name, you can search for it at Washington State Liquor Stores here. It will show you the per bottle and per case price and let you find out which stores currently have the item in stock, as well as how many bottles they (supposedly) have.

nightscotsman, thank you for that fabulous WSLCB site. That will come in so handy.

Although, when I looked on that site, I could not find the address of the liquor store on 6th some of you were recommending on another thread that is near near Safeco Field. I was in that area today and stopped at the liquor store on 4th just behind the new Seahawks stadium. That's not the liquor store you are referring to is it? There was an island of single malt scotch, as klink had mentioned the one by Safeco Field has. I'm confused if I was at the right place that you all were recommending. Is it on 6th or 4th?

If you know the brand name, you can search for it at Washington State Liquor Stores here. It will show you the per bottle and per case price and let you find out which stores currently have the item in stock, as well as how many bottles they (supposedly) have.

nightscotsman, thank you for that fabulous WSLCB site. That will come in so handy.

Although, when I looked on that site, I could not find the address of the liquor store on 6th some of you were recommending on another thread that is near near Safeco Field. I was in that area today and stopped at the liquor store on 4th just behind the new Seahawks stadium. That's not the liquor store you are referring to is it? There was an island of single malt scotch, as klink had mentioned the one by Safeco Field has. I'm confused if I was at the right place that you all were recommending. Is it on 6th or 4th?

Yep, that's the right one - it's on 4th. Get anything good?

Yep, that's the right one - it's on 4th. Get anything good?

I bought some Salignac brandy for cooking as that is the brand that I saw the chef from Le Gourmand use when I watched him cooking wild mushrooms. Also bought some port for making sauces.

Edited by Blue Heron (log)