• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a loving home for Spode Buttercup Collection

MaryIsobel

I inherited a rather extensive collection of Spode Buttercup. It's not my nor my daughter's style and we don't entertain to the extent that the great aunt that left it to me did. I'm in the Pacific Northwest in Canada so packaging/ shipping etc would have to be arranged but if the Spode would make your heart sing, that's payment enough.

• Like 5

Your cache has substantial value.    Here is just one piece.ScreenShot2023-06-10at8_18_21AM.thumb.png.742c0755ea1da0e5b969a9b04a44b524.png

If no one speaks up, you might look to a charity shop in your area.   Donations bring healthy tax deductions while supporting worthwhile causes.

Edited by Margaret Pilgrim (log)
  • Like 1

eGullet member #80.

Yes, I have seen it advertised from the shops that sell replacement or out of stock china but what they sell it for and what they will buy it for are two very different price points! Like I said, I would rather just give it to someone who would love it. If that doesn't happen I will contact a couple of charity shops.

• Like 3