• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CNN's Searching For Mexico

gulfporter

This is produced by Stanley Tucci who hosted CNN's Searching for Italy. 

We're impressed and happy that we've been to all of the regions covered so far.  Eaten at many of the restaurants she's visited.

This week's episode on Oaxaca (best cuisine in MX) included a visit with Muxes which is a lifestyle that few outside of Mexico are aware of.  Fascinating!  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauramanske/2023/03/25/eva-longoria-hosts-searching-for-mexico-new-travel-food-show/?sh=28e6bd026625

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:51 PM, gulfporter said:

This is produced by Stanley Tucci who hosted CNN's Searching for Italy. 

Thanks for the post. I'm less interested in Mexico, but you reminded me of the Italy series, a few of which I watched. Now watching them all.

He and his wife were sitting on the next table to me in a London restaurant a few year ago. Of all things, a Chinese restaurant!

• Haha 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

I have to see if I can find it.  I saw the Italy ones and thought they were entertaining enough and it makes me curious to see him in Mexico.  But my favorite traveling in Mexico shows are the portions of Rick Bayless's PBS show.