• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SusieQ

SusieQ

Fix typos

7 hours ago, Darienne said:

When I used to do the shopping...lo! these many years...I bought pitas and they always came apart easily.  

Same for me, many decades ago here in Seattle. Now, it's a different story. Just last week I bought the only pita breads in the store (Safeway) advertised on the label as being "pocket pitas." And my experience was much the same as yours, Darienne. Rather impossible to get them to open up without tearing them to shreds. 

*EDITED TO FIX TYPOS*

SusieQ

SusieQ

7 hours ago, Darienne said:

When I used to do the shopping...lo! these many years...I bought pitas and they always came apart easily.  

Same for me, many decades ago here n Seattle. Now, it's a different story. Just last week I bought the only pita breads in the story (Safeway) advertised on the label as being "pocket pitas." And my experience was much the same as yours, Darienne. Rather impossible to get them to open up without tearing them to shreds.