• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I think it also depends on what course the pasta is being served at.  If truly a primi (after an antipasto), then 2 oz. per person is good. Leaves room for a secondi.

If it (the pasta) is a main course, I make 8 oz.  Depending on sauce, there may be a decent amount left over, or barely any.  But, you gotta have a green or something along with it.

Cooking for two in my above examples.  

weinoo

weinoo

I think it also depends on what course the pasta is being served  at.  If truly a primi. Then 2 oz. Per person is good. Leaves room for a secondi.

If it (the pasta) is a main course, I make 8 oz.  Depending on sauce, there may be a decent amount left over, or barely any.  but, you gotta have a green or something along with it.

cooking for two in my above examples.  

weinoo

weinoo

I think it also depends on what course the pasta is being served  at.  If truly a primi. Then 2 oz. Per person is good. Leaves room for a secondi.

If it (the pasta) is a main course, I make 8 oz.  Depending on sauce, there may be a decent amount left over, or barely any.  but, you gotta have a green or something along with it.