• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I seem to be totally incapable of cooking just a little bit of spaghetti. Short pasta, noodles, no problem. But give me a package of spaghetti and I'm going to make enough for us, the neighbors and the dog. And I don't even have a dog anymore. I've used measurements from the internet, those stupid little things with holes in it and every other trick. It just seems like when I get the spaghetti in my hand it just doesn't look like enough and I just have to throw in some more. So, now that I figured out how to weigh it on the scale how many ounces should I use for two small portions?

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I seem to be totally incapable of cooking just a little bit of spaghetti. Dry pasta, noodles, no problem. But give me a package of spaghetti and I'm going to make enough for us, the neighbors and the dog. And I don't even have a dog anymore. I've used measurements from the internet, those stupid little things with holes in it and every other trick. It just seems like when I get the spaghetti in my hand it just doesn't look like enough and I just have to throw in some more. So, now that I figured out how to weigh it on the scale how many ounces should I use for two small portions?