• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

13 hours ago, palo said:

I didn't see a price, but I feel that will be on my Wishlist for a very long time 😁

Where do you intend to put this thing and what do you plan to dispense?

1 hour ago, TdeV said:

Is it gravity fed?  How does one chop ingredients so they behave properly, e.g. lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese?

Seems like there are some sort of rotating paddles at the bottom of each container and the size of the paddle and the length of time it runs determines how much stuff is dispensed with each cycle.  In the video below, the demo guy mentions that shredded cheese has to be the sort of pre-shredded stuff sold in stores that includes a non-clumping agent.  If you shred your own, it's going to clump up. 

Here's the video from the company at some sort of trade show exhibition of a demo model where you can glean a bit more about how it works, but not how much it costs. 

Edited to add that I thought it was a negative that someone from the kitchen has to come and open up the front of the machine to change out or refill the canisters.  Seems like you'd want to be able to do that from the rear.  Or at least have that option. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

13 hours ago, palo said:

I didn't see a price, but I feel that will be on my Wishlist for a very long time 😁

Where do you intend to put this thing and what do you plan to dispense?

1 hour ago, TdeV said:

Is it gravity fed?  How does one chop ingredients so they behave properly, e.g. lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese?

Seems like there are some sort of rotating paddles at the bottom of each container and the size of the paddle and the length of time it runs determines how much stuff is dispensed with each cycle.  In the video below, the demo guy mentions that shredded cheese has to be the sort of pre-shredded stuff sold in stores that includes a non-clumping agent.  If you shred your own, it's going to clump up. 

Here's the video from the company at some sort of trade show exhibition of a demo model where you can glean a bit more about how it works, but not how much it costs.