• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Name of Silicone mold ?

pjm333

42 minutes ago, pjm333 said:

Someone gave me a several silicone molds but this one I cant figure out the name of it ( Florentine, Savarin etc ) Any ideas ? Thanks !

Is it possible it's for some sort of sandwich/bread/baguette?

Edited by weinoo (log)

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

12 minutes ago, pjm333 said:

I thought so but I forgot to add its 8" x 7" big but possible. Thanks 

Yes - I was thinking individual "hero" type rolls. But it seems small for that, with 5 compartments.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

If I squint, it kind of reminds me of a tronco mold, but those usually have the dividers up to the top of the mold.  Maybe a ladyfingers mold for making tiramisu or charlotte russe or molded bavarian?  At 8x7 you could cut it in  half and have a strip that goes all the way around an entremet mold....

JeanneCake, Thanks all great suggestions...I went through the Silkomart Catalog but did not see it. The reason I wanted to get a name for the mold is because i wanted to sell it..

On 4/3/2023 at 6:23 AM, pjm333 said:

I went through the Silkomart Catalog but did not see it. The reason I wanted to get a name for the mold is because i wanted to sell it..

LOL that means you can say it's "vintage" and get a lot more money for it!!

• Haha 1