• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

spelling

Since I met my husband our pantry has always included two Lea & Perrins products: standard Worcestershire Sauce and White Wine Worcestershire Sauce. The latter is made with sauternes and some unnamed herbs, and is decidedly sweeter than the original. My husband loves it as an addition to sauces, and occasionally as a basting sauce on pork. A few years back it was relabeled as "Marinade for Chicken" but the ingredient list was the same.

We just finished our bottle, and haven't been able to find more. None of the Yuma grocery stores (Albertson's, Fry's, Walmart) carries it. I can't even find it on Amazon!  Albertson's and Walmart claim to carry it although the local stores don't, so I'm wondering if this is simply a regional thing. Can anyone shed light on what's going on?

Screen grab from Walmart.com, which claims to carry it but doesn't actually offer a way to buy it, even by mail.

Screenshot_20230316_130904_Chrome.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lea-Perrins-Marinade-for-Chicken-10-fl-oz-Bottle/10308274

Smithy

Smithy

Since I met my husband our pantry has always included two Lea & Perrins products: standard Worcestershire Sauce and White Wine Worcestershire Sauce. The latter is made with sauterne and some unnamed herbs, and is decidedly sweeter than the original. My husband loves it as an addition to sauces, and occasionally as a basting sauce on pork. A few years back it was relabeled as "Marinade for Chicken" but the ingredient list was the same.

We just finished our bottle, and haven't been able to find more. None of the Yuma grocery stores (Albertson's, Fry's, Walmart) carries it. I can't even find it on Amazon!  Albertson's and Walmart claim to carry it although the local stores don't, so I'm wondering if this is simply a regional thing. Can anyone shed light on what's going on?

Screen grab from Walmart.com, which claims to carry it but doesn't actually offer a way to buy it, even by mail.

Screenshot_20230316_130904_Chrome.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lea-Perrins-Marinade-for-Chicken-10-fl-oz-Bottle/10308274