• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

16 minutes ago, OlyveOyl said:

Thanks Heidi for the additional information.  I see that Kenji says to equal the taste of oven roasted nuts to add a little oil.  I’ve been roasting/ toasting nuts in the microwave since before Kenji was born! 😂 For my baking purposes, I find  toasting  is sufficient without the oil, I would imagine for eating out of hand, the oil would enhance the taste. The article was informative,thank you again!

Makes sense as I did not pay attention that the inquiry was in the Pastry & Baking forum. I was using "out of hand" as my reference point.

heidih

heidih

14 minutes ago, OlyveOyl said:

Thanks Heidi for the additional information.  I see that Kenji says to equal the taste of oven roasted nuts to add a little oil.  I’ve been roasting/ toasting nuts in the microwave since before Kenji was born! 😂 For my baking purposes, I find  toasting  is sufficient without the oil, I would imagine for eating out of hand, the oil would enhance the taste. The article was informative,thank you again!

Makes sense as I did not pay attention that the inquiry was in the Paastry & Bakuing forum. I was3 using "out of hand" as my reference point.