• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Table top dough sheeter: Recommendations?

Beni31

I'm looking to purchase a table top dough sheeter for croissants, tart dough etc. I came across alibaba and other Chinese suppliers. Has anyone in here ordered a table top dough sheeter from here or recommend another brand or supplier whilst not costing crazy amounts of money.

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted title (log)

The only table top sheeter I'm familiar with is Somerset (i have a fondant sheeter from them). Expensive but solidly built.

Edited to add: if you are in the New England region, you can pick up a unit.  Or see if they are s trade show in your area, they could be persuaded to not ship it back to Massachusetts  :)

Edited by JeanneCake (log)

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't need it motorized, look at clay rollers.  They are a little tricky to use, but with practice, can produce excellent results.  I purchased the shimpo and used it for a bit before selling it since it was taking up space and I lost interest in laminated doughs.

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/162869-sold-shimpo-nidec-mini-slab-roller-400-we-split-shipping/

• Like 1